Colorado (CO) Energy & Efficient Window Performance Cash Rebates & Incentives
Colorado (CO) Energy & Efficient Window Performance Cash Rebates & Incentives. Cash rebates and incentives available to Colorado homeowners who upgrade to energy efficient windows.
This article discusses the cash rebates and incentives (including loans) available to homeowners in the state of Colorado for upgrading to energy efficient windows. Some programs listed aim to improve home energy performance in general; others explicitly focus on efficient window performance. They may be offered by your state, your local energy supply company or the two working together. They can help you pay for the costs of upgrading or replacing the windows in your home.
We try to keep information current; however, this list doesn’t include information about all window-related utility programs in your state. For more detailed information about available programs, click here. (This information was last updated as of 2011.)
Colorado State Incentive and Rebate Programs:
At this time, there are no energy efficient window incentive programs offered by the state of Colorado.
Colorado Utility Company Sponsored Incentives and Rebate Programs:
- Colorado Springs Utilities Incentive/Rebate Program – Residential: Provides homeowners rebates of $4.67 per square foot of glass for the installation of ENERGY STAR windows. Maximum rebates available are $200 for single-family residences and $12,000 for small, multi-family residences. The program covers replacement windows only.
- Colorado Springs Utilities Incentive/Rebate Program – Commercial: Offers businesses rebates of $1.40 per square foot of glass for the installation of ENERGY STAR windows. The total rebate amount cannot exceed $17,500 per business.
- Colorado Springs Utilities Incentive/Rebate Program - Partner to Ent Federal Credit Union: Provides Energy Smart Home Equity Loans under a discounted program. An interest rate discount of .25 percent is available for loans through this program.
- Boulder County Incentive/Rebate Program - Climate Smart Loan Program: Provides loans ranging from $3,000 to $50,000 for residential properties and $3,000 to $210,000 for commercial buildings. Loans may be used to cover the costs of installing windows and glass doors with U-factors of 0.35 or less, insulating shutters with a minimum insulation value of R-5, insulating doors with minimum R-4 and replacement skylights with a U-factor of 0.35 or less. Storm windows and window film costs may also qualify to be covered under the program. (Program currently on hold until further notice.)
- Fort Collins Utilities Incentive/Rebate Program - ZILCH Energy Conservations Loan Program: Offers zero percent interest rate loans for qualifying window and door upgrades. The program also provides financing of up to 80 percent of project cost ranging from $250 and $2,300. Loans must be repaid within ten years.
- Fort Collins Utilities Incentive/Rebate Program - Commercial and Industrial Rebate Program: Provides businesses rebates ranging from $0.11 to $0.73 per square foot of glass for the installation of qualifying windows with a U-Value of 0.30 or less and a SHGC of 0.25 or less in new construction.
- Fort Collins Utilities Incentive/Rebate Program - Home Efficiency Program Rebates: Offer homeowners, who are also gas customers, rebates of $2.50 per square foot of glass with a maximum rebate of $750 for installing ENERGY STAR windows. Electric customers receive a $3.75 per square foot of glass rebate with a maximum rebate of $1,000. Program covers the cost of replacement windows only. Also available to gas customers is a $1.00 per square foot of glass rebate with a $200 rebate maximum for the installation of qualifying window film or permanent exterior shading. Electric customers are eligible for a $1.50 per square foot of glass rebate with a $300 rebate maximum.