Montana (MT) Energy & Efficient Window Performance Cash Rebates & Incentives
Montana (MT) Energy & Efficient Window Performance Cash Rebates & Incentives. Cash rebates and incentives available to Montana homeowners who upgrade to energy efficient windows.
This article discusses the cash rebates and incentives (including loans) available to homeowners in the state of Montana for upgrading to energy efficient windows. Some programs listed aim to improve home energy performance in general; others explicitly focus on efficient window performance. They may be offered by your state, your local energy supply company or the two working together. They can help you pay for the costs of upgrading or replacing the windows in your home.
We try to keep information current; however, this list doesn’t include information about all window-related utility programs in your state. For more detailed information about available programs, click here. (This information was last updated as of 2011.)
Montana State Incentive and Rebate Programs:
- State of Montana Incentive/Rebate Program - Energy Conservation Installation Tax Credit: Offers homeowners capital investments equaling 25 percent of the total costs up to $500 for the installation of ENERGY STAR windows, storm doors and/or storm windows. The tax credit also extends to cover the costs of installing skylights that have U-factors and a SHGC of 0.30 or less.
- State of Montana Incentive/Rebate Program - Alternative Energy Revolving Loan Program: Provides loans up to $60,000 at 4 percent interest to cover the costs of installing qualifying efficient windows in conjunction with the installation of an alternative energy system.
Montana Utility Company Sponsored Incentives and Rebate Programs:
- Flathead Electric Cooperative Incentive/Rebate Program - Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Program: Provides homeowners a $6 per square foot of glass rebate for the installation of ENERGY STAR windows. Homes with primarily electric heat are eligible for this program.
- Mission Valley Power and ENERGY STAR Incentive/Rebate Program - Residential Programs: Offers homeowners rebates of $6 per square foot of glass to cover the costs of replacing existing windows with ENERGY STAR windows. Homes with primarily electric heat are eligible for this program.
- Mission Valley Power and ENERGY STAR Incentive/Rebate Program - General Services Programs: Provides rebates of $3 per square foot of glass for the installation of replacement windows with a U-factor of 0.30 or lower. Buildings with primarily electric heat are eligible for this program.