Ohio (OH) Energy & Efficient Window Performance Cash Rebates & Incentives
Ohio (OH) Energy & Efficient Window Performance Cash Rebates & Incentives. Cash rebates and incentives available to Ohio homeowners who upgrade to energy efficient windows.
This article discusses the cash rebates and incentives (including loans) available to homeowners in the state of Ohio for upgrading to energy efficient windows. Some programs listed aim to improve home energy performance in general; others explicitly focus on efficient window performance. They may be offered by your state, your local energy supply company or the two working together. They can help you pay for the costs of upgrading or replacing the windows in your home.
We try to keep information current; however, this list doesn’t include information about all window-related utility programs in your state. For more detailed information about available programs, click here. (This information was last updated as of 2011.)
Ohio State Incentive and Rebate Programs:
- State of Ohio Incentive/Rebate Program - Energy Conservation for Ohioans (ECO-Link): Offers residents of the state of Ohio a three percent interest rate reduction on loans up to $25,000 to cover the costs of installing ENERGY STAR windows and skylights. All loans must be repaid within five years.
Ohio Utility Company Sponsored Incentives and Rebate Programs:
- Butler Rural Electric Cooperative Incentive/Rebate Program - Loans for Energy Efficiency Improvements Program: Provides homeowners low-interest loans at two percent interest to cover the costs of making energy efficiencient improvements. The items covered under the program include the installation of ENERGY STAR certified windows, doors and storm windows. Loans may also be used to cover costs of weather stripping and caulking.
- Dayton Power and Light Incentive/Rebate Program - Business and Government Energy Efficiency Rebate Program: Provides a rebate of $2 per square foot of glass for the application of window film with a SHGC of 0.40 or less for non-residential electricity users only.
- Duke Energy Incentive/Rebate Program - Smart $aver™ Incentive Program: Offers business customers a $1 per square foot of glass rebate when they apply window film with a SHGC of 0.40 or less. The maximum rebate amount offered will cover 50 percent of the total cost.
- Duke Energy Incentive/Rebate Program - Commercial/Industrial Energy Efficiency Rebate Program: Provides a $1 per square foot of glass area rebate and up to 50 percent of the total cost for the application of window film with a SHGC of 0.40 or less. Program is available to commercial and industrial customers only.
- Hamilton County Incentive/Rebate Program - Property Improvement Program (HIP): Provides loans at three percent below market interest rates and up to $50,000 to cover the costs of installing qualifying efficient windows.
- ODOD Incentive/Rebate Program - Advanced Energy Program Grants: Energy Efficiency for Manufacturers: Program offers grants to manufacturers for qualifying energy-efficiency measures. Funding for this program will be available in the fiscal year starting July 1, 2011.